Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide (NMC) Tapes
Layered Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide (LiNixMnyCozO2) is a widely used class of cathode material with LiNi1/3Mn1/3Co1/3O2 (NMC111) being the most common representative. However, Ni-rich NMCs (NMC811, 622, 532) are becoming more and more in focus now in current research due to their higher specific capacity and energy. Among these materials, NMC811 can deliver a high capacity of ∼200 mAh/g with an average discharge potential of ∼3.8 V (vs. Li+/Li), making it a promising positive electrode material for high energy density lithium-ion batteries.
NANOMYTE® BE-50E is a cast electrode tape of NMC powder and is available in four different compositions:
- “NMC 111” – LiNi0.33Mn0.33Co0.33O2
- “NMC 532” – LiNi0.5Mn0.3Co0.2O2
- “NMC 622” – LiNi0.6Mn0.2Co0.2O2
- “NMC 811” – LiNi0.8Mn0.1Co0.1O2
NEI’s standard cathode tapes are cast on 5 inch x 10 inch sheets of aluminum foil, single-side coated with a 90% active material loading. Our tapes can also be customized to accommodate different active material loadings, coating thickness, binder type (aqueous/non-aqueous), and binder content, as well as choice of current collector.
NANOMYTE® BE-50E Spec Summary:
- Choice of NMC powder cast on aluminum sheets
- Sheet Size: 5 in x 10 in (12.7 cm x 25.4 cm)
- Active Material Loading: 90%
- Standard Capacity: 2 mAh/cm2 ± 5%
- Nominal Voltage vs. Li/Li+: 3.75V
- Minimum Capacity Range: 150 – 180 mAh/g (depending on the NMC composition)