Our Sites are not designed nor intended to attract children under the age of 18. If you are not at least 18-years-old, do not use our Sites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that personal information of persons less than 13 years-of-age has been inadvertently collected through our Sites, we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
What information NEI collects about you
We may collect several types of information from and about the users of our Sites, including:
- Personal Information: Personally identifiable informationthat enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier, including but not limited to your name, company name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, identification number, online identifier, or one or more factors specific to you
- Usage Information: Information related to your access to, visit or use of, or interaction with NEI’s Sites, including but not limited to IP address; web page you last visited; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; software or database download activity; and frequency of your visits to our Sites
How NEI collects information about you
Personal Information will be collected through information that you knowingly provide to us by filling in the forms on our Sites or when you otherwise interact with us. This Personal Information may include any information you provide at the time of registering on our Sites, subscribing to our newsletters, posting materials, downloading software or data, or requesting further information. Personal Information is transferred securely via HTTPS (secure HTTP) protocol and may be transferred internationally for processing and storage. Personal Information includes any Usage Information and User Contributions to the extent such information can be used to identify you either directly or when combined with the Personal Information you provide to us.
When and why NEI collects, uses, and shares information about you
NEI will only collect, use, and share Personal Information, Usage Information, and User Contributions under certain circumstances.
||Why NEI Processes Such Data
||Legal Basis for Processing
|Contact information or personal identifiers
(e.g., name, job title, company name, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, or other personal identifiers)
- To respond to your questions, comments, or requests
- To communicate with you about NEI or its products and/or services
- To administer marketing efforts (e.g., newsletters, e-mails, industry updates)
- To address technical or security issues
- To comply with applicable laws or protect your vital interests
- Necessity to perform a contract (e.g., for NEI to provide you a service)
- Necessity for legal compliance (e.g., when NEI receives a court order) or to protect your vital interests (e.g., medical emergencies)
- Necessity to pursue NEI’s legitimate interests (provided your interests or fundamental rights do not override such interests)
(e.g., employment status or history, education history, and other personal data you submit in applying for a job at NEI)
- To process your request in having NEI consider your job application
- To evaluate your job application, including but not limited to performing background checks using a third-party service provider
- Necessity to perform a contract
- Necessity to pursue NEI’s legitimate interests to extent allowable
|Device, browser, or usage information
(e.g., IP addresses; web page last visited; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; software or database download activity; and frequency of visits to our Sites)
- To monitor quality control
- To ensure compliance with any and all applicable laws and NEI contracts
- To ensure network and information security
- To improve your user experience with our Sites, products, and/or services
- Necessity to pursue NEI’s legitimate interests to extent allowable
NEI has established and maintains reasonable procedures to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of Personal Information and Usage Information collected through our Sites. NEI will not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone.
Sharing information about you
There are circumstances where we wish to disclose or are compelled to disclose your Personal Information. This will only take place in accordance with applicable law and for the purposes listed above.
NEI may disclose your Personal Information:
- Within NEI to provide you with requested services and/or products or to comply with applicable laws;
- With our third-party vendors, suppliers, and service providers that support or help manage our business;
- With our affiliates or business partners with whom we enter commercial contracts;
- With legal entities in the event of a joint venture, collaboration, financing, sale, merger, reorganization, change of legal form, dissolution or similar event;
- With governmental, judicial, and/or law enforcement authorities as required or as permitted by law to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves, our customers, or others, as necessary; and/or
- With any other third party where you have provided your consent (if required by applicable law)
Cookie usage, including how NEI collects information for remarketing with Google
Cookies are small files containing a string of characters that we may store on your computer or mobile device when you visit our Sites to improve your online experience. When you visit our Sites again, the cookies allow NEI to recognize your browser. Cookies may store your preferences and other information but cannot read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites.
Below are links to learn more about how to adjust your browser settings for the most popular browsers:
Specific to Google:
NEI advertises with Google Remarketing, which displays ads across the Web to users who may have visited our Sites in the past or have shown interest in specific products or information within our Sites.
International transfers of Personal Information
NEI is headquartered in the United States. Information you provide will be stored on our servers located in the United States. Your Personal Information may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to our affiliates, partners, or service providers who are located worldwide. If you are visiting our Sites or accessing our products and services from outside the United States, be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated.
Where we transfer EU Personal Information to a third party located in a country not recognized by the EU Commission as ensuring an adequate level of protection, we will take appropriate steps, such as implementing standard contractual clauses recognized by the EU Commission, to safeguard such Personal Information.
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Information to these websites.
How to Opt-Out of Data Collection, Sharing, and Marketing Communications
If you do not want NEI to collect or process your Personal Information, including Usage Information and User Contributions, please (a) refuse all browser cookies; (b) ensure you have opted-out of all other non-essential cookies; and (c) do not fill out any forms or download any software or data on our Sites.
Even if you have given prior consent for collection or processing of your Personal Information in the past, you can always withdraw consent for future collection and processing.
If you do not want NEI to share your Personal Information with third parties or to send you any further marketing or related communications, please (a) use any opt-out functionality provided on relevant communications or on our Sites, or (b) send a request via our opt out form: https://www.neicorporation.com/privacy/opt-out/
Managing your data
To request access, erasure, or rectification or to object to processing of your Personal Information, please contact us using one of the options provided below. Along with your specific request, please provide the contact information you provided to NEI when you performed downloads on our Sites or signed up to receive NEI communications.
Online Form: https://www.neicorporation.com/contact/general-inquiries/
Attn: Legal Department
400 Apgar Drive, Unit E
Somerset, NJ 08873
United States of America
If you believe that NEI has not complied with its obligation under European law, you have the right to make a complaint to your EU Data Protection Authority.
Policy last updated on November 4, 2019.