Battery Cell Assembly & Testing
NEI offers cost-effective and comprehensive electrochemical testing services, which include lithium-ion coin cell and pouch cell fabrication and testing. The product engineers and scientists at NEI have extensive backgrounds in fundamental materials science and battery testing at the cell level, allowing correlation between cell performance and materials characteristics. Our unique research and manufacturing capability allows us to assist our customers in achieving the best cell performance from their materials.
Coin Cell & Pouch Cell Assembly and Testing
NEI’s battery cell preparation and testing includes industry standard tape coating and cell level testing. The tapes are customized based on the customer’s requirements, including modifications in the composition of the tape, solids loading (80-95%), type of binder (aqueous / non-aqueous), thickness of tape, tape porosity or tape density, and choice of current collector.
- Cycle life
- Voltage profile
- Charge and discharge cycling
- Rate capability
- Cyclic voltammetry (CV)
- Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS) at RT
- Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS) vs. Temperature (-10°C to +150°C)
- Customize electrolyte’s composition
- Cell testing at different temperatures (-20°C to +100°C)
- Separator variation – thickness, material
- Cell failure analysis
- Active material loading
- Coating thickness
- Binder type (aqueous / non-aqueous)
- Binder content
- Current collector
Describe your battery testing needs to us by completing the Request Form and a representative will get back to you immediately.