Anticorrosion Paints & Coatings: Pretreatments
Galvanization alone does not provide prolonged corrosion protection, as steel still suffers from white and red rust. NEI’s self-healing coating system for galvanized steel combines a self-healing pretreatment (PT-100) with a hard, durable barrier coating (TC-5001) to provide superior corrosion protection.
NANOMYTE® PT-100 is a chromate-free, self-healing conversion coating formulated for protecting zinc plated and galvanized. The thin pretreatment (~5 µm) is applied directly to the metal to prevent corrosion and improve adhesion, before applying NANOMYTE® TC-5001 or SR-500EC topcoat. Application is typically done by immersion or dipping parts into a bath of PT-100 solution.
Self-healing PT-100 prevents metal from corrosion
- Single component, waterborne solution
- Contains no chromate or VOCs
- Ambient temperature bath preparation
- One-step immersion process and air dry
- Excellent paint adhesion
- Versatile self-healing technology
- Single-component coating solution
- Hard, dense nanocomposite barrier coating
- Corrosion, chemical, and abrasion resistant
- Bonds to bare, pretreated, or painted metal surfaces
- Customized formulations possible
- High Performance – Corrosion protection, stain resistance, hard to scratch or chip, water repellant, will not break down in sunlight, anti-fouling, self-healing
- Easy Application – Dip, spray, or brush on
- Cost Effective – Cost per square foot savings over traditional coatings, labor cost savings, protects the initial substrate investment
- Environmentally Smart – Chromate-free, low VOCs, no heavy metals, no peeling or flaking into water or soil
NANOMYTE® PT-100 is available in liter and gallon quantities.