Position Type: Part-time or Full-time
Relocation Provided: Yes
NEI Corporation develops, manufactures and supplies Advanced Materials for diverse industrial applications. The company employs a multi-disciplinary group of highly motivated scientists and engineers, and is looking for qualified individuals to join the team. The company is seeking highly technical individuals with a strong background in Materials Science & Engineering, and experience in any one of the following areas:
• Polymer chemistry, relating to Coatings
• Polymer Coatings development, application and testing
• Sol-gel chemistry, relating to Coatings
• Inorganic (e.g., oxide, sulfide) nanoscale particle synthesis and characterization
• Catalysis, relating to conversion of methane into C2-C3 hydrocarbons
• Solid state chemistry of Lithium-ion battery electrode and electrolyte materials
• Lithium-ion cell fabrication and testing
The individual’s primary responsibility will be to augment existing product development programs, and initiate new ones. In addition, the position will entail working with NEI’s customers to address application-specific materials requirements. The product development specialist is expected to have had hands-on experience. The successful candidate will need to apply Materials Science & Engineering principles to develop new materials for industrial applications.
In addition to technical skills, the individual should be able to work autonomously yet be a team player, be detail-oriented, creative, and communicate well with colleagues and customers.
Examples of Skills needed (note that for each position, only a subset of these skills is required):
• Hands-on experience with inorganic, organic or hybrid materials
• Wet chemistry synthesis of materials
• In-depth knowledge of recent advances in Materials Science
• Experience with nanoscale particles
• Knowledge and experience in polymer synthesis
• Expertise in testing coatings properties
• Applications development experience
Education and experience requirements:
Candidates meeting the requirements for this position may come from a wide variety of technical fields such as Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Materials Science and Engineering with either a PhD or MS degree. Two to five years industrial experience, chemical or materials industry is preferred for this position.
To apply for this position please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled. The position is open to only citizens or permanent residents of the United States of America.
NEI also seeks technical personnel with experience in obtaining and managing federal R&D funding.
NEI Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
NEI is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, gender, religion, age, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, and other non-merit factors.